The diagnosis – infertility
Infertility – what is it?
Infertility - the increasing number of married couples meets this problem recently. Their number increases every year. Every fifth couple in Ukraine addresses to medical institutions concerning the treatment of various forms of this disease (infertility).
Infertility is diagnosed in case if during 1 year of partners' regular sexual life without contraceptives, the pregnancy has not come. This period is defined by medical science according to the standard statistics. The probability of pregnancy approaching during 1 menstrual cycle of a young pair is 20%. Thus, the term of 12 months is sufficient for fertility assessment (ability of posterity reproduction) of concrete couple. In case, if period of 1 year is passed, but conception has not happened, it is necessary to address to the Center of reproductive medicine of professor Feskov A.M. ® for establishing reason and form of infertility, selection of treatment technique. Fortunately, modern science is able to cope with the majority of the problems causing impossibility of fertilization or child-bearing. Complex examination in the Center of human reproduction of professor Feskov A.M. ® will allow to find out fully possibilities of your couple to become parents, to start the conscious planning of children birth and not to face infertility in future.
Forms of infertility.
Several forms of infertility are distinguished::
1. According to pregnancy existence:
- Primary infertility – the pregnancy has never come earlier;
- Secondary infertility – the pregnancy came in the past, including extra-uterine, however, has not come within the last year.
2. According to possible conceptions:
- Absolute infertility – the conception by natural way is impossible;
- Relative infertility – the conception is possible by observance of some conditions.
3. According to emergence mechanism:
- Congenital – infertility is caused by genetic features, malformations;
- Acquired infertility – emerges from internal, external factors of impact on reproductive system.
4. According to reproductive system changes for a number of reasons:
- Endocrine – infertility, resulted from hormonal background violation;
- Caused by uterine factor – infertility, resulted from changes of functional state of endometrium, endometriosis, endometritis of various etiology, repeated scrapings of endometrium of diagnostic character, the existence of uterus submucous myoma, changes in the result of postnatal or postoperative complications;
- Infertility as a result of uterine tubes dysfunction;
- Immunological – infertility due to the formation of antisperm antibodies;
- Unclear genesis – does not allow to establish the infertility reasons even after careful examination of both spouses.
Habitual abortion or impossibility of pregnancy bearing.
Regular pregnancy interruption is called the habitual abortion. Usually the abortion occurs during the period till 12 weeks, though, can also happen during later terms. Quite often the woman does not even guess that she was pregnant. It is characteristically for spontaneous abortions in the period of 2-3 weeks. This factor can cause further infertility. Interruption of pregnancy is promoted by formations in the uterus (myoma), hormonal violations, unstable psychoemotional condition of the woman. The most widespread factors are:
- UTERUS INFATILISM (UNDERDEVELOPMENT) – WOMEN'S GENITAL ORGAN CAN NOT EXECUTE ITS FUNCTION BECAUSE OF MALFORMATIONS.
- UNSATISFACTORY ENDOMETRIUM CONDITION – THE INTERNAL UTERINE COVER. ESPECIALLY INSIDE IT THERE IS AN IMPLANTATION OF FOETAL EGG AFTER CONCEPTION. PREGNANCY BEARING BECOMES ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE DAMAGE OF DEEP LAYERS OF ENDOMETRIUM AS A RESULT OF NUMEROUS ABORTIONS (SCRAPPINGS).
- ISTHMIK-CERVICAL INSUFFICIENCY – MALFUNCTION OF "LOCKING" OF CERVIX WITH THE PURPOSE OF FOETAL EGGD EDUCTION INSIDE. THE BROKEN HORMONAL BACKGROUND OF WOMAN, AND ALSO CERVIX MECHANICAL INJURIES AS A RESULT OF ABORTIONS, TRAUMATIC CHILDBIRTH IS THE REASON OF THIS PROBLEM. THE DANGER OF NOT DIAGNOSED ISTHMIK-CERVICAL INSUFFICIENCY IS THE RISK OF ABORTION ON LATER TERM – IN THE SECOND AND THIRD PREGNANCY TRIMESTERS.
- DECREASE OF OVARY FUNCTION, AS A RESULT OF WHAT, THEY DO NOT PRODUCE THE HORMONE, WHICH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PREGNANCY PRESERVATION BEFORE PLACENTA FORMATION. STRESSFUL SITUATIONS, INFECTIOUS DISEASES, ARTIFICIAL ABORTIONS, DISEASES OF ENDOCRINE SYSTEM CAN BE THE RESULT OF VIOLATION OF OVARY FUNCTION.
- INFERTILITY DURING THE INFLAMMATORY DISEASES OF GENITALS. THE GREAT ROLE, IN EARLY ABORTIONS, PLAY INFECTIONS, WHICH ARE SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED. INFECTION CAN GET FROM VAGINA AND CERVIX INTO ITS CAVITY, CAUSING THE INFLAMMATION OF PLACENTAL TISSUE, FETUS COVERS, GET THROUGH THE PLACENTARY BARRIER, INFECTING NOT BORN CHILD, FORMING CONDITIONS FOR THE ACQUIRED INFERTILITY DEVELOPMENT.
Nowadays, the male factor becomes the infertility reason with the same frequency, as female. Male infertility is shown in various deviations from normal indicators in a sperm test, and also there are pathologies of seed spewing or sexual functions.
In some cases the combined infertility is diagnosed, when it is formed by male and female factors. From total number of infertility cases the combined takes 25%.